April 11, 2007

Free Lunch


Growing up, I frequently heard the adage, "There is no such thing as a free lunch."

In the last five years of temping, consulting, and working at Fortune 100 companies, I've learned that such a statement is just untrue. Frequently, afternoon meetings involve the ordering of lunch. It's a boring sandwich fest for the most part, but there is ALWAYS surplus which makes its way to the pantry or remains in the large conference rooms.

For working bees on a serious budget, such as myself, this constitutes a sumptuous FREE lunch. Invariably, some passerby will make the announcement which must be followed by a mad dash to the area mentioned to scavenge for the best scraps. These are usually turkey sandwiches or wraps. I usually scour the scene for some Snapple or bottled water to round out the lunch time booty. Today, I scored just this.

No comments: