May 23, 2007

Indignation

Much of my life, I have spent in a state of indignation. My threshold for indignance is low. This is not to say I can't handle a great deal of non-sense, it is however a fact that my reaction to much of what transpires around me is indignation.

Prime example: I go to tea every monday with the girls--Lauren, Kelli, Jo, Beth, and Stella. D'Souza feels the need to repeatedly refer to TEA as my TEA PARTY! We are not in Boston, I am not dumping tea in the ocean...it is NOT A TEA PARTY. The indignation I feel is past palpable to heart murmur inducing.

Similar example: I work at the ACLU--work as a temp--but it provides a paycheck so we will call it work. D'Souza will only refer to it as UCLA. YEEGADS! I am not in sunny, smoggy LA. I am not at the University of California. Thankfully, they are adequately liberal and left-leaning just as the ACLU is however the comparison ends there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Observation: D'Souza has . . . MASSIVE eyebrows. Anyone else notice this? He has more eyebrow follicle than some guys have hair on their entire scalp!

He looks like: either a character in a foreign spy novel or, a supporting role in "The Mahaburhata" (sp?)

Give him a bow, a tunic, and a quiver of arrows, the he-man!
















(No offence)

Anonymous said...

I see Adrienne Stein at ACLU NYC is looking to hire a new System Administrator.

Host should make sure all her best friends (esp. Desi computer gurus) are aware of this!

New lunch buddy potential . . ?

Sweet & Vicious said...

Mahabharata! Offense will be taken but forgiveness will be granted for the misspelling.

Now, I make typos ALL the time...I'm guessing that one wasn't a slip of the finger--if so I take it back!

~Vicious