June 4, 2008

Joe D

One of the boys in my house this summer, Joe D, met me for a drink this evening at Mantra. We chatted like old friends and I trash talked like a freshman playing beer pong but the more we talked the greater the references to D'Souza.

Joe used to work with D'Souza not too long ago. He described him as "exceptionally hard working, fiercely competitive, and incredibly ambitious". While I can't disagree with any of these observations, especially in the work context, it got me thinking about the other sides to this man I had lived with. He's also fiercely loyal and protective of those he deems "family" and a bit of a booze bag. But other than those two additions I really don't have much to go on.

Oh yeah. He's a complete tom cat in the sack. Hmm....I do miss that man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hard-working, ambitious, protective, loyal, boozer. These are the only character observations you can make about D'Sz? What? How can that be?

Speaking for myself, none of the above qualities strike me as that interesting except for the 'loyalty' aspect for which I give him props.

Indian men are so often 'fiercely ambitious' and 'hard-working'. But of all the indian men I've met they so often just. . bore me. And I went to school with a boatload of them!

Same impression of the guys in Cafe Viv the other night. The guy's conversation ability (sitting next to me) was so banal. Oh man. Painful to listen to.

I am sure D'Sz must have been not-of-this-type.

As for the lack of lingam/yoni action. .ach. Oh well, have to say: tough luck, there. Where are the snows of yesteryear. . :^\