August 6, 2008

Bryant Park HBO Movie Festival

Every year I look forward to summer in New York primarily because Monday nights shift from tea to Bryant Park for the HBO Movie Festival.

This year I have not been to a single film--a sympton of my romance with Manhattan trickling down to nothing. I'm that suitor who has sidled past courtship into the comfortable but boring role of live-in lover...I take without giving, indulge without appreciating, and generally survive where I was once thriving.

What happened? How did we get here? My main Man has lot his luster...really, I'm the one that changed. Swear as I did I couldn't possibly get over this mega-metropolis I think that's just what happened this summer. The slow faling out of love has become a firmly out of love status.

What city can possibly measure up to NYC? Where do I go from here?

______________________________________________________________________


In an effort to reconcile I've e-mailed the tea girls--we will be catching The Candidate starring Robert Redford in Bryant Park next Monday (8/11)--I'll be raising my plastic cup full of white wine to the city while I get very sleepy.

No comments: