October 19, 2008

I roared in my 20s!

Yesterday was my 28th birthday.

I woke up at 7am, crammed for the Psych GRE and was perplexed by the full 6 train steaming downtown. Took the test from 9-11:30am at the Silver Center at NYU. Fingers crossed for a good score in 6 weeks. I can never tell how these things go. A poor judge of self-performance. Hrumph.

Took the pups to Central Park for the annual Country Dog Fair--sponsored this year by Rachel Ray's Nutrish--where my Mom and her husband joined me for a few hours.

My mother was kind enough to bring me the flu shot which she administered herself. Happy Birthday to me.

We went to dinner at Pastis where my mom was drunk off one Gin Punch--anything in a martini glass will do her in. I had a few Dark and Stormies and felt nothing. The steak frites were fabulous.

After I sent the fam ferry-ward, I skipped my way to Sweet Revenge where Jo bought me a celebratory Crimson cupcake (their take on the red velvet cupcake with cinnamon to boot) and a glass of white. We then moseyed to the Banksy exhibit--creepy but cool--then slipped into One if by Land, Two if by Sea (OIBLTIBS). The motif reminded me of Candela--wonder if that restaurant still sits in Union Square? I'd forgotten that the only other time I'd been to OIBLTIBS was a romantic dinner with Z circa 2004.

We had one last drink at the Washington Square Hotel--where, in 2006, I first met Jo's former cohabitator who cheated on her in the wake of her father's death--we spent a moment being nostalgic both grateful to have moved past that stage.

I arrived at my abode at 1:30am to watch a DVR-ed episode of Law & Order: SVU before going to bed: officially 28 going on 29.
This is the first birthday I've ended sober in the past decade...am I growing up?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birth day to ye!

wish you much good fortune ahead.

-c.

p.s. so hey, you're scorpio? ha! no wonder such a sex fiend

:P

Anonymous said...

do you ever get tired of your vapid existence?

just asking...

Sweet & Vicious said...

Culpep: I'm a LIBRA. NOT A SCORPIO. Still a sex fiend, though =P

Anon--No, not ever. If I did, I wouldn't blog. Duh.

Anonymous said...

Oh, aaaah--LOL! A Libra. I should have known. No wonder!

Libra women: constantly plagued by their capacity to see both sides of every dilemma. Fairness--to a fault! ahha hahaha


As for your hormones; remember they will only get rowdier once you're in your thirties. Too bad you're not under my care, I used to specialize such cases when I was in college. Heh heh. :o)