October 29, 2008

Vote Now!

Unlike the average blogger pushing Obama and aching for change, I'm looking for some feedback on whether or not I'm over reacting to an incident that took place earlier this month.

October 16, 2008
10:45pm
Friendly phone call from an ex I hadn't spoken to in over 2 weeks.
HE mentions my upcoming birthday and tells me he has TWO presents for me which he doesn't want to give me until my ACTUAL birthday.
11:55pm
Drunk ex appears at my doorstep.
We take the dogs for a walk in the park.
We keep drinking.
HE asks if he can take my folks and I to Pastis. I say nothing.
HE mentions my birthday again.

October 17, 2008
8:45am
Ex goes to work.
I sleep in.

October 18, 2008
No calls/texts/e-mails from said Ex. None.

October 28, 2008
2:14pm
Text from Ex: Wanna grab some dinner/drinks?
5:55pm
Voicemail: Hey! It's me. Just calling to see how you're doing. Want to get some dinner or drinks (pause) tonight? Give me a call back. Thanks.

October 29, 2008
I'm livid.

Questions:
1.How wrong is it for him to BRING up my birthday less than 24 hours BEFORE my birthday (make a big deal of it) then NOT communicate with me until 10 days AFTER my birthday (making no mention whatsoever of said birthday)?

2. Should I even bother calling him back? I mean...what's the point. Clearly he doesn't think he did anything wrong, so what's the point of bringing up how hurt I am by his inconsiderate, selfish, rude behavior.

3. If we are supposed to be friends, how could he possibly treat me this way? Before you even pose the question would I react as extremely if a friend of mine did this as opposed to an ex, the answer is HELL yes. In fact, I'd be calling them up and screaming at them. But the reality is that he didn't forget, he TOLD me he wanted to do something and then completely DISREGARDED me on my special day. WTF?


Oh yeah, Vote for Obama. Go 4 Change!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hieee.. like ur new hair style its cute... :) .. Luckly as always looks like a seasoned socialite posing.. hehehe... Take care and best of luck with the GRE prep.
Tell mom I said hi.
.. the other D'Souza.

Anonymous said...

I meant LUCKY

Anonymous said...

sounds like he fucked you -- he got what he wanted.

did you get your two gifts?

was one a pearl necklace?

Sweet & Vicious said...

Nope. Haven't seen him since...
He was never good at gifts. I got nothing for Christmas last year.

Anonymous said...

Ugh; that is very raw and cold behavior. This had to be D'Souza, correct? Its fucked up to treat someone that way. Are you sure he deliberately disregarded you that day? There's no chance he just forgot?

I think you shouldn't let whoever it was, "sleep over" anymore.

What a bummer.

Anonymous said...

sounds like this chick is an easy lay.