December 21, 2008

Guac Off

Last night, I was in Park Slope at a couples party. There were three other single women at this party but no single men. A fact that made me feel like I didn't deserve any more Christmas wishes.

Can I just say 'tis NOT the season for me! I am not into meeting someone right now. A statement I haven't uttered since I hit puberty, but a true statement nevertheless.

Additionally, as the party crested Norman called the hostess to inform her of his engagement. Today I learned that the engagement involved three dozen rose petals spelling out "Will You Marry Me?" in a suite at the Waldorf-Astoria. Clearly, the lady in question said, "Yes!" But jokingly, Norman mentioned there was always the fear that she might just come back with, "What? I'm not worth orchids! What else you got?"

So, after last night's holiday spirit in Brooklyn, I'm heading to the UES this evening for a guac-off. That's right. We're having a contest to see who makes the best Guacamole--the attendees will serve as tasters to the test. If I could de-spice, I'd have a shot at the title...but I figure I might as well have one dish that meets my fire-eater levels to enjoy at the party.

Avocados peeled, tomatoes diced, onions chopped, cut up jalapenos, salt to taste and fresh limes squeezed....
GUAC-OFF

No comments: