January 18, 2009

Coffee with the Cricketeer

So I checked out his stats....no that is NOT code. I actually looked up his score stats on Cricket Info where I learned he was 21! He was born in 1987. JESUS---I'm a cradle robber!

I told my grandparents I was going to watch my cousin play football and gave the driver hush money to drop me off to meet the Cricketeer for coffee.

We got coffee at this local chain called Barista--it was full of youngsters with lust in their eyes and fear in their hearts. It's taboo to touch the opposite sex in India. Even married folks don't hold hands or kiss in public. So these kids, who live at home and have zero privacy never get to spend one-on-one private time, so they have to sneak it as best they can.

I had to play the innocent Indian. I'd like to think I delivered an Emmy worthy performance of coy smiles and lowered eyes. He ate it up. And as I left, he grabbed my wrist and pleaded for five more minutes, just five minutes. I looked at him appalled--public contact, NO!--shook free and gave him an over the chin grin as I ran to my awaiting driver.

He's called me thrice and texted me at least 5 times since then--it's been 2 hours!
His last text in Hindi loosely translated to this: "I just want to say, I'm falling for you...hard. Please meet me tomorrow!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay LAST time when D'Souza was weaving his spells around you, I should have spoken up and didn't. But in truth I thought D'sz had some potentially redeeming qualities.

In this case, I will speak up.

First, the good news. I am pleased as punch to see you yanked out of the shell you were in (scroll down to the 'off limits' post of a couple weeks ago and enjoying your self again. A bit of fast and reckless flirting will probably do you a world of good.

But reading what I can from this guys background, social status, and style of approach. . frankly, Scarlett--I think you're being played.

Two days and he's "falling for you, hard"? Groan. Sorry, he is either using lines from Bollywood music videos . . or else he genuinely doesn't have enough experience with women to identify what he's feeling. Thus he is either conning you, himself, or both of you.

I agree with you that he probably did spot your western style and perceive an easy lay. (Geez if only he knew what he might be in for, lol!--scroll back to the "cock soup", "Con-ED visit" threads or even earlier last autumn)


Anyway. I am glad you are having fun and excitement! Don't let my words of caution stop you. Just because he may be a player doesn't mean you shouldn't 'go 4 it' and get some jollies!

~Dutch

p.s. I am glad you made it safe and sound to India. So sudden! What did you do with your apartment and your internships and everything?

Sweet & Vicious said...

I didn't do anything with my apt...tried to sublet to no avail. WAIL!

Let my research supervisors at Mt. Sinai and Columbia know I was taking off for a month--given that they don't pay me anything--there wasn't much they could say to stop me. Teehee.