March 12, 2009

Rockwood II

Z collected me after my Introduction to Modern Psychoanalysis class at the Center for Modern Psychoanalysis on W. 10th Street this evening. We hopped the F on W. 4th to Rockwood Music Hall for our weekly culture club outing (WCC).

Caleb Hawley was followed by Zach Hurd--both John Mayer meets Beck musicians--the band that went onstage post solo boy angst music was a bit too loud for our Jack on the rocks (me)/Jameson Neat (Z) so we went up to Birdie's on 1st Ave. for some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and cream of spinach. The minute we crossed Houston, Z suggested Birdie's and I believed in telepathy. The second half of Zach's smooth stylings had created a rumble in my belly best requited by the crunchy goodness of southern comfort food. I said nothing of this to him. I was genuinedly shocked and delighted when he suggested such a delicious follow-up to our evening of music.

Ah....he continues to swim in my brain freely and without warning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a fetish for "take-charge" guys I think! You like to be controlled. . heh heh!

Sweet & Vicious said...

Ah. That struck a nerve, so I won't go off on a tangent because I recognize the nerve struck and will nurse it on my own.

I have a fetish for guys who have an inkling of self-awareness. A guy that actually HAS empathy and cares about people--other people, out there in the world.

As for the controlling guy, I never thought I would date one till D'souza--dark knight--came sweeping in to rescue me and broke my spirit before leaving me in a dust bowl. The dust has finally settled but I'm still picking up the pieces of who I used to be and the truth is I'll never be her again but a vague approximation will do...as long as I don't ever go back to being the pathetic, despondent person I turned into at the apex of that particular relationsihp--one that was incredibly bad for me. Spirit crushing bad....

But on the bright side, he didn't break my heart. After all, you have to give someone your heart for them to actually get a crack at it...so at least my trust issues served me slightly in that regard. Go Baggage!

Anonymous said...

Wise words. Yeah, D'Souza was really something else. Lights out with that guy! Obsidian. What zodiac sign was he? Just curious.

My last big tailspin was somewhat because I was too empathetic towards my GF. To the point of danger to myself. I was sending her at least $500 a month to help her solve her life's problems and she was giving little/nothing back. She even moved to another state and I was still at her beck and call. Wrapped around her finger; prisoner of my compassion. I felt like Jimmy Stewart in "Vertigo".

But yeah . . wishy-washyness is not a good way to attract the babes. Just knowing what you want to do at any given moment is a good, strong, male quality. Me, I never hem-and-haw about what restaurant I want to go; or what the plan for the night should be. I'm always thinking ahead.

My *most* recent GF; though--the latina--this threw her into fits of rage. She hated it. She wanted to be the one who called every shot. That of course set me off; because I hate being ordered around or monitored or told what to do. So we went round and round.

Many guys are capable of assuming control; I guess. But its maybe rarer to find men who are "take-charge" but also, the kind that ask you "what are you thinking?" out-of-the-blue. All in one guy.

Just seems to be one of those either/or differentials. We either do it or we don't; not always the guy's fault.

Anonymous said...

NLX!
(Natasha Alexander)
NEW YORK CITY
Thursday, April 2nd, 9pm - a 2 hour spectacular!
Rockwood Music Hall