April 6, 2009

San Francisco

Li Chen, my dear man, is turning the mighty 29 on May 2, 2009.

He e-mailed me this afternoon at 2:17pm
"Hey! So I was talking to Special K Friday night. She has a free tix on Southwest that expires at the end of May. She was going to sell it to her coworker for $50, so I told her I'll buy it from her and you can use it to fly out to San Fran. BUT Southwest doesn't fly into New York. The closest airport is at Islip, which is about halfway down Long Island."

After a few rapid fire e-mails back and forth at 3:45pm, a ticketless confirmation from Southwest Airlines informing me of my departure from Islip at 10am on April 30 and return on May 4 at 5:30pm fluttered into my inbox. Special K made this happen thanks for Li's brilliance and generosity.

There are moments when I contemplate where I went wrong since graduating in 2002, this is NOT one of those moments.

There are moments when I wonder if I invest too heavily in my interpersonal relationships in lieu of focusing on a stable future. This is not oen of those moments either.

Yay Friends. Yay Travel. Yay Birthdays. Yay for getting older, wiser, and still having the freedom to do what you want when you want.

No comments: