April 17, 2009

Tea & Sympathy

Last night, I was met the tea girls at Tea & Sympathy for a field trip of sorts. So much of tea is about consistency and constancy so this deviation led to unexpected break-throughs.

Kelli was absent due to school stress and future husband b'day celebrations.

Karen lamented her inevitable move to London--despite her newly discovered love for toffee pudding.

Stella forgot her "What do I want out of this relationship?" flowchart, so Jo make her one on scratch paper.

Jo tried to temper her excitement for an upcoming first date, three weeks in the making, by discovering that it was truly beginnings that were magical and less this guy/this time/this way.

Lauren expressed fear at her mother overpowering her bridal desires by altering THE dress to her dissatisfaction. She also insisted that all this triathalon training while great for the shape of one's body wasn't so terrific for one's drive--exhausting laborious nonsense--

They, en mass, objected to my Denver announcement. I suppose it was more an open discussion of the subtext that had been floating around for some time. But I went official on Denver...and once you go official at tea there's no real going back.

Late it was when I arrived home, but I passed out after watching my DVR-ed episode of Bones only to awaken this morning to a text from a colleague which read:
"Best line in this Tivo-ed episode of Grey's, 'I'm going to Denver.' Made me think of you."

So, I guess the countdown begins NOW...
105 days to Denver!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah! The Tea Ladies should have 'tea-bagged' this idea of yours! Booo, Denver!

I was really looking for help from them, and they came up short.

:^[

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you!!!