October 17, 2005

Dater Hater

I had three dates this weekend...with three different guys.

The Skater
He's my pint-sized, part-Jewish prince but I can't get over the AA meeting, the NA even in past tense, the lack of college (it's more about the experience than the education), or the fact that he calls his shrink in Santa Cruz every time he has a problem. He's not even filler anymore. I mean the guy does not drink...because he's a recovering alcoholic.

The Loser
The i-banking, lanky Asian I met in Union Square actually asked if I ever planned to sleep with him on our second date. The minute I realized his room-mate's room was the living room (as in not split by a wall, but an actual bedroom thanks too a screen--most likley from chinatown), I said NO. "I'll never sleep with you because my freshman dorm suite was more grown up than this!" And he didn't have a TV--at all.

The Dater
I spent most of this weekend with Jaylin. He was born ready to settle down, when I'm with him, I feel my biological clock tick. And I know mine is on snooze.
If most men are commitment phobic, Jay is a commitment phile. Though, it's not working in his favor. The Guju girls he is likes never like him. And the ones that like him, well they need either plastic surgery or restraining orders--usually both. He goes on more blind dates than the JDaters. The future Mrs. Patel eludes him.

But in the copious amount of time we've spent together, I see more and more that he's a good guy...who else will come over when I drunk dial at 4am no expectations, no questions?

No comments: