October 20, 2005

Now..that's flattering

On my walk of shame at a shameful 1pm today; teeth unbrushed, hair uncombed I was trying desperately to squint so the contacts I had failed to remove from the night prior would serve their visual purpose. I'd gotten them adjusted so I could finally see more than colors and shapes when a cab veered three lanes over 2nd Ave and came to a screeching halt beside me. I tried to wave the cabbie off, but he rolled down his window, pushed down his headset and handed me his number, crudely scribbled on scracth paper with this line, "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Please look past my station in life and give me a chance!" Thanks, Omar--that's the best compliment to come my way in a long while... I've still got it at 25! Sweet affirmation.

No comments: