November 9, 2005

Mail Call

My mom sent me a card in the mail as she is wont to do periodically.
This one is notable in that I was willing it to contain a check, which it did not. It pictured an adorable white girl snuggling with a kitty--my mom said it reminded her of a black and white photo of me at the same age with our neighbor's cat on my lap...except I bore a dot on my forehead and came out pretty gray in the photo. AWE!

The New York Division of Labor has denied my qualification for unemployment to my chagrin turning to trepidation. What in God's name am I gonna do now? Guess it's to temping next week if no leads surface on the job front. Fuck!

The newest issue of my "Bill me later" Time Out New York arrived. I must say I prefer New York Magazine. I realize they are competitors but they are utterly different in the fabric of their content--I don't see how they compete. I wonder how they pick the centerfold, average New Yorker to feature in New York mag...curious!

Ditha's cell phone bill.

Teachers College informing me I still owe them $1271.92 for this semester. AGAIN!?!

Citibank student loan informing me my $1272 citi-assist loan has been disbursed. Phew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hear the poignant strains of Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" over someone's mail call tonight . . .