November 28, 2005

Toy friend's back

and he's just the same as always...

My communication hiatus a la Jaylin ended today with an IM conversation, a paraphrased excerpt of which would read:
...
Jay--so let's not talk of that night. i truly am sorry. it would be an honor and a privilege to be there for you if you ever called upon me.
Me--Fine by me. Hardly either of our shining moments...though for the record, you came off as not a great friend.
Jay--that's not true, I'm a very good friend. Ask any of my friends, I'm the best. You were getting on my last nerve that night, it's not fair to judge me on that.
Me--I was having an existential crisis and you flipped out. That's pretty much the best time to gauge acceptability of friendship levels...but whateva
Jay--miss me?
Me--lol...I still have your drill, btw.
Jay--I know, I don't need it.
Me--Ok good. I thought you may want it to help Corey and Mike with their place in Hell's Kitchen.
Jay--nah. I never see them anymore. Corey doesn't even have sheets on her bed here, anymore. you wanna come over and watch tv?
Me--Maybe. Your enormous TV would make Patrick Dempsey even hotter--I love Grey's Anatomy--but I have a paper to write.
Jay--then just come over now. you can write the paper here, I have wireless. I'll give you your space.
Me--Nah. I better stay in and get this done.
...

So, I didn't go over. I didn't get the paper done either, but I did get started--so that's progress.

Going to wake up at an un-Godly AM and get it all done. Yes, I know it's already AM--but it's not un-Godly at present.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you gave any indication that this guy had a physical interest in you, I wouldn't be surprised.

In that context, his remarks would seem (to me, as a guy) as just trying to round out his string of potential "f-buddies".

It sounds like he is stocking his larder for the holiday season. . doing the essential legwork that we all have to do to ensure upcoming chances of sex. I also distrust his "casual invite" to have you over to write your paper. Absurd.

But you seem convinced he only regards you in a platonic manner. Thus, I cannot rely my instinctual "take" on his conversation. I can only say, then, that he sounds a bit flighty and aimless.