December 25, 2005

Baby Jesus!

Merry Christmas. Happy Birthday, Jesus! Can I wish him many more? After all he is seated at the right hand of the Father--he has it made. Every day's his b'day.
Please hear in the background 50-cent rapping, In Da Club...

To celebrate the birth of Jesus, my family went to church twice...once last night and then again this morning. Lacking as I am in piety, I ducked out of this morning feigning illness--splitting headache and severe eye pain. Yeah, I'm going to hell. Who bails out on baby Jesus on his b'day? That's right, I do.

I'd have been pissed if he bailed on me, but I deserve it. I'm a believer. Don't get me wrong I swallow the whole Jesus came, lived among us heathens, and died for our sins bit. But I believe he did it so I could eat, drink, and make merry--still making my way to those pearly gates. My fantasy is consequence-free hedonism--it rocks!

Anyway, ID (Indian Dracula--conveniently also id as in Freud's version of following all your impulses with no ego or superego to keep you in check) called me to wish me. He's so attentive. I think date two is inevitable. Especially since he invited me out with his recently engaged friend--wow, committment. What is it about me and committmentphiles? I suppose opposites do attract. He's SO nice. I really love his phone voice--can you build an entire relationship on a soothing phone voice? He also has a great laugh...I just can't bear the sight of him--alright that's not fair, I can bear it--but it doesn't grill my cheese. Apparently I'm shallow now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

merry christmas!

it's ok, been skipping out on baby jesus for years now. keep waiting for lightning to strike... but perhaps j-christ is just really chill...