December 27, 2005

Sophia Loren

I just ran into Starbucks to buy a gift card for the cute boy that interviewed for Hooking UP--the ABC series I'd mentioned in a previous post--because I spilled my ENTIRE Venti Frap all over his office floor and a bit even got on the blue couch.

Well, my barista--middle-aged hippie type--pulled me aside to inform me that I reminded him of Sophia Loren...now, I look like a lot of brown people--no one famous, mind you--but there are a billion of us and so some semblance is highly probable--but I assure you as flattering as it is, I look NOTHING like Sophia Loren.
But the sweet man could not get over the brown in--my very color contacted--eyes. I think the tall, black boots with the A-line grey, professional skirt did not hurt matters. Either way, the compliment is not wasted on me...the bounce in my step will stay in place well into the evening hours.

Just rolled into work. Since I wanted to get as much beauty sleep as possible prior to my 1pm interview with ABC-man. He taped me answering a series of conversational questions. Apparently another brown girl is in the running but a looming trip to India in Jan. may pluck her out of my competitive path. The most interesting question he asked me is if I felt competitive with other women in the arena of dating. I had never thought of this before and my polish waned significantly as I answered....I'm still not sure what the answer is!?

No comments: