January 30, 2006

Class Crush

I was stuck in class all weekend at TC. Basic Practicum in Conflict Resolution and Mediation--which is fascinating stuff but presented in the most simplistic way. I enjoyed the exercises but I saw NO reason for it to stretch across 20 hours.
Fri. 4pm-8pm
Sat. 9am-5pm
Sun. 9am-5pm

You guessed it--that was my entire weekend.
During the course of my class I developed a crush on the male facilitator. He was completely my type--tall, slow-talking, brown boy with smarty glasses, fuzz on his face and a sense of style that could be awesome with some development. I gathered that he is 25, graduated from Duke, works as a consultant at present in lieu of lending a helping hand to the family business involving kitchen cabinet importing in the Phillipines. Oh, he grew up in Hong Kong, has a British passport and lives on the UWS. He joined MY group of lunch-goers on both Sat. and Sunday. From what I understood he was matching me flirt for flirt...but at the end of the weekend, I find out from one of the girls in a group he was facilitating--he has a GIRLFRIEND. I mean...DUH...why would he be single? sigh. Back to square one. Though, the silver lining may be that from what he disclosed to my classmate and now good friend--there is trouble in paradise. Shaan and his gf are in hot water and he's not sure he wants to make it work. We'll see where all that stands in two weeks when I'm back in the intense weekend class!

No comments: