January 30, 2006

Kurt is now Jonathan

Well, maybe it is not apparent to you my readers that I use monikers on this blog. It is a rare day when I use someone's "real" name to reference them.

At dinner with Carrie, Jonathan (formerly Kurt) objected to my chosen name. He demanded to know just where exactly I CAME up with Kurt. It wasn't a Danish name--he's Danish you see..like really, from Denmark. So I explained that his name didn't drip Dane to me, but I was more than happy to make an exception and change it. We spent some time in deliberation--Carrie hating names he came up with, him vetoing names she came up with (apparently names ending in i, ee, y were BANNED!)...again, so what's wrong with KurT? Finally, we settled on Jonathan...they found consensus on Oscar but I simply had to veto that choice.

Mind you, this conversation was over free flowing margaritas. Carrie and Jonathan, if nothing else, can compete with this drunken brown girl in the drinking department. I was accused of flirting shamlessly with the waiter to which I say...I'm not the one who quipped, "Sorry, we don't have any spicy desserts" as he gently opened the menu in front of me. I'm also not the one who wore an ornate yet manly ring on his wedding finger--so, what's a girl to say/do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i didn't know the monikers were up for debate!