March 20, 2006

Recap of the Weekend

Friday

St. Patty's Day madness was tame, tame tame. Hit up 6s & 8s on the Lower East Side, dropped by 99 Allen twice for the 5 for $1 dumpling deal (incidentally their hot & sour soup is some of the best around for $1), then landed up at The Other Room since Fiddlesticks was charging a cover and if there is one thing I DO NOT DO--It is pay a cover to pay exborbitant drink prices.

Saturday

Woke up early for a weekend at 9:40am.
Finally watched my Netflix movie--Kama Sutra--which was amazing. Not just for the generous heapings of erotica but the rich cinematography and passionate acting. I think it may be one of my favorite films after the intial viewing.
Hit up yoga at Laughing Lotus. Got the weekly Jamba Juice kick--really enjoyed the Mango Mantra. Did some groceries which included a generous amount of fruit if not vegetables. The requisite Campbell's soup packets, avacaodoes and habaneros to make fresh guac when the whim hits, marshmallows, and sliced mushrooms for my quesadillas fix.
Trixie (an old high school friend I reconnected with when I rode the train in from Summit to Penn Station a few weeks ago) had her 25th b'day party in Brooklyn. Tracey joined me on the L-train to Graham Ave. I knit her a hat with a cute flower on it, which she showcased her love for by wearing all night long. $5 mixed drinks made the trip well worth it. I didn't stay long...but it was my first time meeting her long-term, live-in boyfriend who incidentally went to high school with us but I had never met. She had a crush on him back then--sometimes those get realized well into your "real life".

Sunday
Thought about going to church. Didn't.
Knit Jo a hat with the requisite flower (giving her the option to undo it by securing it with a safety pin in lieu of darning it on).
Watched Saathiya which Ditha had purchased on her last Indian Invasion, found it utterly lacking in the masala I like in my masala flicks to be imbued with.
Spent all day with Luckey, napping intermittently--playing--coaxing to perform on command. He's completed trained to pee on his wee wee pad, we continue to work on proper placement on poop.
Didn't pay bills. Didn't clean. Didn't read. Didn't blog. Considered all of them at least twice.

No comments: