March 28, 2006

The March Installment of THE V SAGA

So, ignoring V was a futile endeavor. He caught me unawares at work. I picked up without a glance at the mighty caller ID and there was his voice. MY cheery work greeting left me no out, "Hi. It's (me) at the (German) Bank!" grrr. wily!

We talked for an hour and a half in which time he impressed upon me that my success of hiding an emotion from him could only be likened to Luckey's inability to hold back a tail wag when I come home from work. sigh. Foiled again.

On my way home from Smoke on Sunday night, I called V and an unusual picking up of the phone was his reaction. Charmed. We made some small talk, but I did finally put it on the line. In a rather bush beating manner, I expressed that while I didn't expect him to return to me--Lord knows I've asked and reneged--or even have the audacity to hope for renewal that it was time we got to a place where he didn't punish me for the choices of the past. I recognize full well that my actions have consequences and them I will face, but if he loves me--really loves me--then he knows I love him back. Really. Truly. Forever this time.

He didn't want to talk about it and none of his cards were revealed. He did, catering to my utterly unclear circumnavigation of the matter, insist that I had gotten over this type of inclination in the past--the fleeting fancy would pass. I know there is no way to assure him it won't...only time. And time I am willing to give...so the wait continues.

No comments: