April 3, 2006

Bridal Bath

Sunday afternoon, I found myself at a bridal shower in New Jersey with Jo, Lauren, Kelli, Beth and Beth's gf (Alisa). The moments of gift opening can only be summed up as an out-of-TV experience, specifically the baby shower episode when the Sex and the City women head to Connecticut.

My mother drove me to and from the event, which was vaguely reminiscent of middle school with requisite embarrassment and maternal misgivings. Though unlike in middle school when she came to get me it was the other girls that were jealous of my seamless escape.

The event itself was a burgeoning success; however bringing a baked good wasn't the way to go, given the elaborate present opening focus of this event. You live, you learn.

Lesson learned: Drink BEFORE bridal showers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and DURING.

Thanks for coming chica! :) And I happened to adore your baked good.