April 10, 2006

Dr. Aidan Update

Apparently Dr. Aidan lost his phone in a cab and was unable to phone me.

He sent Rani an e-mail which he begged her to forward me as a small token of his delay in response. She informed me of this at brunch on saturday as I marveled at her eggs con stinky cheese--who knew Dr. chicks could cook too! Gosh, I feel un-accomplished.

She warned me that he was WEIRD--only the oddballs go into psychiatry apparently--considering that was the only branch of medicine that brought my thoughts to the medical door...I'm at a loss. Guess I'm an oddball!

I pre-emptively e-mailed Dr. Aidan who promptly phoned me for an hour convo. His Woody Allen voice didn't disturb me terribly, but he is WEIRD. His jokes aren't so much off-color as off-the-mark. I laugh at off-color. We're going to meet up on Wednesday.

He asked me advice about buying real estate in Boston, since he will be up there for at least four years doing his residency. I like sounding like the SME (subject matter expert) even if I'm not.

No comments: