April 28, 2006

Looking Sucks

Looking for apartments is as fruitless as looking for a boyfriend...damn you Manhattan. No love is lost on my fair city this week.

I'm getting exceedingly bitter about the prospects. Not finding an appropriate home to share with Tommy and Norman is fast becoming the straw that will break my sweet yet vicious back. GRRR!

The two (convertible three) bedrooms we looked at so far have been acceptable at best. Tommy isn't going to move if we can't match his current comfort level--as well he shouldn't. Norman is in Las Vegas so unable to participate in the search but wants to be looped in on the final prospects but he doesn't need a place till September--rightfully so. I'm the only one with a looming deadline and a sense of burgeoning urgency. I also have the highest standards in terms of space--closet SPACE!

If we don't find a place with a minimum of 1000sq. feet for under $4K, it's over.
I'm quickly accepting that I'm moving to Brooklyn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brooklyn is not so bad - you can get WAY more space PLUS think of all the money you'll be saving and can use for booze.
Wasn't the whole plan to move out on your own? How come you are looking with roommates now?