April 27, 2006

Moving!

My lease is up on June 15, 2006; with it my time on the Upper East Side has come to a close. I'm sick of it. I protested to the point that I have become what I loathe: the cute pudgy girl with monochromatic style, stapled in jersey cotton, toting a purse puppy and perfectly pedicured toes in adorable flats.

To buck this and other stigmas of becoming generic, the move is imminent.

I was scheduled to take the big step to solo living but after looking at rent prices and my closet--I realized that it's a no go in Manhattan. I'm either going to have to suck it up and move to (gasp!) Brooklyn or take on the two Jewish boys who will room with me and find that perfect apartment downtown. The only reasonable options are in the Financial District since we refuse to pay a broker's fee.

I found it fortuitous that when I opened my mailbox yesterday to find the latest issue of Time Out New York, incidentally it is their annual Apartment Search edition. I think that's a sign that my broker fee free dream apartment is out there. Already feeling frustrated with the search.

No comments: