May 3, 2006

May-hem!

What is it about May that leads to mayhem?

There's nothing but drama...

Apartment Drama:
Looking haplessly for an apartment. The brokers on CL claim no fee but upon calling they feign amnesia and insist there is a LOW fee and "Don't worry about it?"
Excuse me! If I have to pay another month's rent in broker fees on top of security and first month's rent--who has that kind of money, without worrying?
Norman that's who! Damn high wage earners--I should have gone to law school.

Corporate Drama:
The office politics is peaking at a staff vs. manager face off. Being a mid-level manager I'm neither here nor there and while I love Switzerland--I don't envy their position in any war. I've finally been embraced by the staff but at what cost to my managerial responsibility and corporate climb. Ah, the age old question to be true to me or true to my career?

Luckey Drama:
Dog's been humping and chomping on every morsel of me in sight. His puppy teeth are sharp and while two of them have fallen, the rest get closer to razors by the day.
I need to get him neutered but WHERE is the time?

School Drama:
This is less drama and more the reality of my procrastinating ways. Final grades are due on Friday, but I haven't turned in the last of my papers which can't be graded if I haven't written them. Yeesh--I can't drag this on for ANOTHER semester. BOO.

No comments: