October 10, 2007

Preview: The Year in Review (2007)

There is still 1/4 of 2007 left, but with my birthday approaching I'm feeling retrospective...

A preview of this year's "Year in Review!" follows:
Started working again.
Got a boyfriend.
Ended the life-with-roomies phase in life.
Finally, decided to go to business school.
Started paying off debt with a definitive plan of attack to ending the cycle of poverty. Good credit TAKE me back!

I guess we can term this year the Year of Responsibility.

In an effort to keep up this facade of maturity; I will NOT term it The Year that Fun Died!

Bitterness and jocular undertones aside, this year is truly the Year of D'Souza because the underlying reason for each life change was precipitated by his not-so-gentle nudging. I awakened into a world of consequences for the carefree life of Apathy I had been leading since college.

That's right, I'm admitting it. My so called life was nothing but a collage of passive reactions (in situations that called for action). I needed rescuing....and he has been my knight in shining armor. Rescuing me from debt, providing me with health insurance, and driving me to seek out opportunities for a higher form of self-sufficiency. Rebutting the survival argument with a real push for thriv-al!

Depite my disdain for Jane Austen, I find myself feeling a little Elizabeth Bennett in as Elizabethan shrew who has been tamed by Mr. Darcy.

Empowerment has overpowered me although I feel utterly enslaved to the reparations I must make before experiencing the fruit of true freedom. Thus I describe 2007--The year I came to my senses!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

providing you with health insurance? did you two get married?

Sweet & Vicious said...

Not married....domestic parnters. His company covers domestic partners!

Anonymous said...

That's quite a commitment - domestic partners! Didn't you have to register with the state?

Anonymous said...

isn't that illegal? you aren't two women or two men?

Sweet & Vicious said...

Nope. Not illegal at all. Some companies are forward thinking enough to allow for domestic partner coverage on health insurance plans. You do not need to register with the state to prove residence either. YAY!