October 8, 2007

Vacation Plans

It's been ages since I went on vacation. AGES! In fact, it will be a YEAR in November. One WHOLE year!

In light of this sad reality, D'Souza and I are planning not one but TWO trips.

The first is to Toronto post-Christmas. I've never seen the Falls. Plus Tracey raved about Canada with such fervor after her trip this summer, I'm giving it a go. The CN Tower *his* and Casa Loma *mine* are the highlights of this upcoming sojourn.

Clearly a winter trip to the southern Arctic (as Canada is!) cannot compare to a summer jaunt but I'm also the woman who keeps visiting Prague in the dead of winter. I'll be wearing my Uggs and slapping on some thermal under garb so as not to freeze!

To go is better than not to go. You can put that on my tombstone.

The second trip is to Mardi Gras. I am well aware of the fact that New Orleans at the height of bacchanalia is not the romantic trip most envision with their cohabitating partner, but I've ALWAYS wanted to visit the French Quarter at American Carneval. My excitement is only contained by how far away that trip still is. Incidentally, we intend to celebrate our 1-year anniversary (Feb. 12) and Valentine's Day jointly--a bit ahead of schedule.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i sense a canadian proposal....

Anonymous said...

1) You think a year is a long time between vacations? Man, are you pampered.

2) One of my last remaining S&V illusions is now firmly dashed. You wear UGGS . . omg


3) If he proposes, whatever you do, DON'T get married. . surefire way to kill a romance

Anonymous said...

second the Uggs comment. talk about being a sheep.